How do they work?
DreamCatchers Hair Extensions are attached to the guest’s hair shaft using micro-bead technology. Individual pieces of hair are attached without the use of heat, glue or any adhesive.
Are they permanent?
These extensions are permanent and are simply maintained by visits to the salon every 4-6 weeks to have them adjusted.
How long do they last?
DreamCatchers extensions can be used for at least a year and possibly more if cared for properly. Many hair extension companies require new hair for each adjustment but DreamCatchers hair is able to used over and over again.
How much do they cost?
The price range varies depending on desired look. Extension services for volume only range from $200-$600. Extension services for length and volume range from $800-$1600. More precise pricing can be determined during a complimentary consultation with one of our Extension Specialists.
Are they real hair?
DreamCatchers hair is made from 100% human hair.
How are they maintained?
DreamCatchers Hair Extensions need maintenance every 4-6 weeks. This maintenance keeps natural hair and extensions in the best possible condition.
To schedule a complimentary consultation please call (614)725-2329
See below for pictures, care & maintenance.
DreamCatchers Hair Extensions Care Instructions
Washing and Styling:
You must follow the care instructions provided to you by Virtue Salon LLC. Virtue Salon LLC only guarantees product lines in which they represent including ColorProof, All-Nutrient and Cote Hair.
· You have twice as much hair now, so rinse twice as much.
· Leave the conditioner on your hair for at least 2-3 minutes.
· As your DreamCatchers Extensions age, leave the conditioner on for a longer time.
· Run your fingers along the scalp in “Z” shape pattern and run fingers through your cylinders.
· Towel dry as much as possible; DreamCatchers Extensions will retain much more water than your natural hair.
· Air/rough dry at least 60% before running a brush through your DreamCatchers/natural hair
· DO NOT blow-dry your hair upside down as this may cause tangling.
Serious damage may be caused to your DreamCatchers Extensions and to your own hair by chemical treatments at home or by chemical treatments given by hairdressers not familiar with DreamCatchers Extensions. This is because coloring or perming chemicals can be trapped inside of the micro-cylinders where the chemcials continue to affect the hair and cause possible damage to the DreamCatchers Extensions and your natural hair. All chemical treatments should be carried out at Virtue Salon LLC or a salon/hairdresser approved by your Extension Specialist at Virtue Salon.
Hairdressers not familiar with DreamCatchers Extensions may damage the extensions by cutting too short or by using an incorrect technique. Please make sure to contact your Extension Specialist at Virtue Salon LLC when inquiring about trimming or cutting.
As your own hair grows, the cylinders attaching the DreamCatchers Extensions will move further away from your scalp along with your own hair. This can increase the traction on your own hair. Therefore it is necessary for you to return to your Extension Specialist at Virtue Salon LLC every four to six weeks or as advised by your Extension Specialist. The reason is to have the attachment micro-cylinders replaced or returned to their original position. Failure to do this may result in tangling and/or loss of some of your own hair and also a loss in the manufacturer’s guarantee on DreamCatcher’s Extensions. Furthermore, it is vital to return to your Extension Specialist within one week of the initial fitting of your DreamCatchers extensions so that your Extension Specialist can ensure that the system is satisfactory to you. This will also assist in determining a suitable hair care regime at home and in the salon.
Extra care must be taken when brushing the hair to avoid dragging/pulling of micro-cylinder attachments.
· Hold your hair close to the base and brush from ends working your way up to the base of the hair.
· At Virtue Salon LLC recommends using the brush provided by the Extension Specialist.
When swimming, it is advisable to:
· Braid or plait DreamCatchers Extensions to avoid knotting.
· Rinse your hair in fresh water before going into a pool or oceans as well as rinsing once you get out of the pool or ocean.
· Apply a detangler or leave-in conditioner once you get out of the water and have rinsed your hair.
We suggest sleeping on a smooth silky surface that is non-abrasive. Virtue Salon LLC provides a satin pillowcase to all guests who receive DreamCatchers Extensions at Virtue Salon LLC.
· Do not go to bed with wet hair.
· Loosely plait hair into a braid or ponytail when sleeping.